Sunday, December 30, 2007

Maybe I'm a little bit obsessed with baby books

We saw this adorable boxed set of "Mini Masters" board books at the Metropolitan Museum of Art yesterday. There are 4 books in the set. Each has paintings by a different artist (Degas, Matisse, Monet, and Van Gogh) with a little story to read as you go through them. I contemplated buying the set then and there, but I decided that $20 was probably museum gift shop pricing and maybe I'd find them cheaper online.
Sure enough, I looked them up online and found the same set from Overstock.com for $12.89. But of course I did end up costing myself some money, because I found they had the same kind of books for other artists - Gauguin, Rousseau, Picasso, Seurat, and Cassat. So I had to get them all. But the prices were good and shipping was under $3. So I'm not feeling too bad about the extra spending - it's all for teaching my daughter to appreciate art from a young age.

Here are the books.

No comments: