Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We love Music Together

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. We were on vacation in Colorado last week and I'm still settling back in. I did laundry and put away suitcases and all sorts of fun things like that yesterday. Next I have to go through the pictures...and then I'll blog about the trip and post some pics.

Meanwhile, I haven't written about the music class I'm taking with Leah. It's called Music Together. It's a 6 week summer session. The teacher, Lee, is great. He's very into letting the kids do what works for them - be it sitting, standing, running, sucking on instruments, etc. You get a book and CD of all the songs we'll do for this session when you sign up so you can also play it at home to learn the words and get the babies more familiar with the music.

Leah loves the class. She loves music in general, but it's great to watch her during the class. She stares at Lee and at the other kids. It's a mixed age class - 5 months to 5 years, so the toddlers are always interesting to stare at and a good example of what comes next - jumping, clapping, trying to sing along.

We missed last week because of vacation so we get to go to 2 classes this week. We're going to go Thursday morning too. I'm actually really excited about it. I love watching how much fun Leah is having when we're there.

No comments: