Saturday, March 22, 2008

Having lots of fun with Leah

6 weeks is definitely the magic number - Leah has become so much more interactive now. We're really having a lot of fun playing with her. This morning after the 9 a.m. feeding Shafi played with her in the activity gym. She was happy in it for even longer today. And he propped her on the Boppy for some of the time, which put her in arms reach of the hanging toys. She kept hitting the parrot, which has a spinning thing below it. I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not, but then after hitting it a few times she reached out and grabbed the side of the "perch" - and that definitely seemed intentional. When we put her on her tummy she did seem to be attempting to roll over - the way she was moving her legs and rocking back and forth a bit, but this time she didn't get her arm up under her as much and did not end up rolling over.

We also listened to some kids music today - after the next feeding. I bought a couple of Peter Paul & Mary CDs for kids - actually they're called Peter Paul & Mommy. They're full of the songs my father used to play records of (yes, actual records) and sing to us when we were kids. I only played a few of the songs - skipped through to my favorites. She seemed to like the slow ones better - Mockingbird, Puff the Magic Dragon. She did not care for Going to the Zoo, which is more upbeat, or Boa Constrictor, which is not exactly melodic. Not sure whether it was the time or what, but by the end of Puff she was starting to drift off to sleep and I was able to put her down with only a couple minutes of rocking & shushing after that. And the whole thing was definitely nostalgic for me. It's amazing how many of the words I remember of songs I haven't heard in 20 years or so.

No comments: