Thursday, August 7, 2008

Leah is 6 months old!

I can't believe it. I sang Happy Half Birthday to her today. I think she appreciated it.

We celebrated by hanging out in the park with a bunch of friends. It was a gorgeous day.

Leah is definitely growing up fast. 6 months is supposed to be a big milestone time and it definitely is. She's started spending a lot of time on her tummy. That ought to lead to being able to sit up and crawling...but might be a little while still for those. And she's very vocal - she squeals, she babbles, and sometimes she has a sort of panting style of speaking. She still loves to be up on her feet and now she bounces up and down like that. She's starting to giggle more and more. She's also gotten a lot more dextrous lately. She can pick up and hold toys a lot better and is very adept at putting things in her mouth now.

Her eating continues to improve. She ate 2 teaspoons of rice cereal mixed with 4 teaspoons of formula this morning. She needs to be involved with a toy or something rather than just focused on the food or she gets fussy, but today she was actually looking up and opening her mouth rather than my having to trick her into taking the food. And yesterday I felt like 90% of it ended up coming back out of her mouth, but today I would say that about 90% of it stayed in - a big improvement in 1 day - and much less clean up for me.

And she's now been on the swing at the playground a couple of times. She definitely likes it.

I took some nearly naked (diaper only) pics today so that I'll be able to look back and see what she was like at 6 months:



No comments: