Friday, August 1, 2008

Hmm - maybe Leah is not so into the solids

After such a successful first day on solids (Tuesday), Leah would not eat the rice cereal on Wednesday. I tried 3 different times thinking that maybe it was just that my timing was off. Then yesterday I tried the rice cereal to no avail. She just clamps her mouth shut and if I do manage to get anything in she spits it out. Then yesterday afternoon we tried sweet potatoes. She was reluctant to open up at first, but once she did, she at the first bite and gave me a big smile. But after a couple bites she was no longer interested. Today she did about the same - 2 or 3 bites and then no interest.

Seems like a lot of work for little progress. I'm going to try to mix the two tomorrow and see if she takes that. I'll give it a few more days - and then if we're still stuck at only a couple bites maybe I'll try another vegetable.

No comments: