Sunday, February 17, 2008

Good routine - good baby

We've got it down now. Not to jinx it or anything, but hopefully Leah will continue to follow the schedule we've set. We're feeding at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m., 11 p.m., 2 a.m., 5 a.m. And she's sleeping between feedings with very little fussing - no waking us up between feedings overnight. So I slept in 1.5 - 2 hour stretches 4 times last night - probably about hours 6 or 7 hours. If I add a nap or 2 today, I should be all set.

She's also letting me set her down in the crib before she's fully asleep. I set her down last night within about 2 minutes after swaddling her after a feeding - so I'm able to maximize sleep time for me - and she doesn't seem to mind - puts herself to sleep pretty quickly.

Not too much else to say. Shafi took her out for a walk by himself yesterday, which was nice. And he was very excited to be "that dad." Said he was getting looks from the women on the promenade and wasn't sure if it was because he was pushing the fancy Bugaboo stroller or because he was a dad out alone. I told him they're all looking on with envy - "Who's that handsome dad taking care of his infant all by himself?" I'm a lucky woman.

And here's my amazing little girl looking cute as can be after a feeding.

No comments: