Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My chubby baby

OK - maybe that's an overstatement. But we went to the pediatrician yesterday for a weight check - Leah gained 8 ounces in 4 days! She's up to 6 pounds, 9 ounces - almost her birth weight. The doctor was very pleased - and amazed.

So I must be doing something right. We'll continue this schedule for a couple more weeks - every 2 hours by day and every 3 hours at night - and have her nice and well fed when we return to the doctor on March 7 for her 1 month check-up.

My mother is here visiting now and Shafi is back at work. All is going well, although Shafi misses Leah while he's away all day.

We've had a few visitors now. Anyone else who wants to come visit - give me a call or drop me an email. We are happy to see people and have everyone meet Leah - we're just trying to keep it to one a day to keep it manageable for us.

Been a bit busy lately, so we haven't really taken any new pictures - but we'll make up for that over the next few days - get some with Grandma and some with Shafi & I - and of course if she does anything especially cute, we'll try to capture it.

No comments: