Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leah is 3 weeks old

I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks! It sort of seems like she was just born yesterday and it sort of seems like she's been part of the family forever.

My parents left yesterday and Shafi is taking a few more days off. But yesterday was my first day home alone with Leah. My friend Erin stopped by for a bit in the afternoon, but other than that it was just the two of us. We had a nice day. We went back to bed after my parents left at 8. And then we hung out for awhile after the 10:00 feeding - making faces at each other. Leah was particularly hungry yesterday and was requesting milk every hour and a half or so. But then by nighttime, she had worn herself out and slept quite well for an every 3 hour feeding shedule overnight.

It was a bit more challenging to get things done around the apartment with no one else here. Leah wasn't so sleepy during the day, so it was hard to sneak in a shower and lunch. But I managed.

No comments: