Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mild reaction to vaccinations

Well, similar to her 2 month shots, Leah has a bit of a fever and is very sleepy. Yesterday afternoon her fever was 101.2. I gave her tylenol at 3:30 and 7:30 and she seemed fine - just slept most of the day. She was actually only awake for about 3 hours in total yesterday. This morning she seemed fine and didn't feel warm so I didn't take her temperature, but this afternoon she seemed a bit off and her temp was 99.9. She was also a bit sleepy today, but not as bad as yesterday. I gave her tylenol today at 1:30 and 6:00.

Hopefully she'll wake up all better in the morning. She doesn't seem to be in pain or anything, just calmer and quieter than usual.

It makes me a bit sad to see her this way, but obviously the few days of not being 100% are worth it in order to be vaccinated against diseases like Polio and Whooping Cough.

She'll get the same shots again at 6 months, so I guess I should expect a similar reaction.

She even looks calmer than usual in the pictures I took today:



No comments: