Friday, June 6, 2008

Sleep Training Day 7

Last night Leah woke up at 11. I didn't think she needed to eat, but I didn't want to leave her crying in the room with the in-laws, so I fed her. She ate for a couple minutes and fell right to sleep. Then she woke up at 2. She was very hungry then. Big meal and then back down in the crib easily. I'll have to wait until she's in the room alone to work on making sure she only calls me once a night.

At 5:45 she woke up and fussed for about 15 minutes and then fell back to sleep until 6:45. So I'd say the morning crying it out is working.

We had a pretty good day. I think the nap crying it out is working too. She went down fairly easily for naps - cried 10-15 minutes. And she slept 40-45 minutes at each of 4 naps. Two were in the crib and 2 in the stroller. She's also easier to get to sleep in the stroller since we started the sleep training, so it seems she's definitely becoming more adept at putting herself to sleep. I'd still like to get at least the first two naps up to an hour so that we can cut down to 3 naps a day. But we seem to be making progress towards that.

Tonight I started the bedtime routine around 6:15 and put her down in the crib at 6:58. She cried on and off for 20 minutes, but it was always more of a "pick me up" cry and never got hysterical. Overall I can definitely tell we're making progress.

And she's a much happier and calmer baby with less fussing and crying than before. Today she almost had as much sleep as she should be getting. Last night she slept about 11 hours (10-12 hours is the goal) and adding up her naps she had almost 3 hours of naps for a total of 14 hours of sleep in 24 hours (the goal is about 14-15 hours total per day).


A special treat today...2 very cute videos of Leah being very happy:

No comments: