Friday, June 20, 2008

We are swaddle-free!

Yes, that's right. A week or so ago Leah started doing this weird arching contorting thing in the crib when we put her down. And we were having more trouble getting her to sleep. So I figured it might be that she didn't want to be swaddled anymore.

We started Monday night sans-swaddle. She actually slept about 3 hours to begin with. Then she was up periodically - 2 hours later, 1.5 hours later, 3 hours later...it went on. Since it was a new thing I was extra nice - I fed her back to sleep each time. But just for one night.

Tuesday night she was only up twice. Wednesday night she was only up once, but then she thought it was morning when she woke up at 5 a.m. But last night was her best night ever. I did have trouble getting her down. She went into the crib at 7 and played quietly until 7:15 - then she cried until 8. I checked on her every 10 minutes or so, and at 8 her crying got sort of muffled so I went in - she had rolled over. At that point I decided to feed her to sleep and she was down about 8:15. I didn't hear from her again until 6:00 this morning! Yep - almost 10 hours. I fed her at 6 and put her back down. She cried until 6:45 and then she flipped onto her tummy and went back to sleep - until 9:15 a.m.!

Tonight she fell asleep while nursing and was in the crib about 7:15. Let's hope that she does at well tonight as last night!

Second night sans-swaddle:

Third night sans-swaddle:

This morning on her tummy:

No comments: