Sunday, October 12, 2008

Can she sleep 7 p.m. to 8 a.m.?

Last night we put Leah to bed about 7 p.m. And she woke up at 4:30 a.m. But I didn't feed her. After she had been fussing for a few minutes I went in and picked her up. She was wide awake, but I forced her to put her head down on my shoulder for a few minutes. After about 4 minutes she was pushing back up and trying to get me to play, so I kissed her and told her to go back to sleep and put her down in the crib. She was quiet for about 10 minutes - and then she started crying. She cried on and off from 5 to 5:30 - but none of it was really hysterical crying - more of a fussy cry. Then she went back to sleep...until just after 8 a.m.!

So now we're wondering if it's possible for her to sleep straight through from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. I think we'll have to reinforce that there's no need to wake up before 8 a.m. by not feeding her until then every day. If she wakes up before 7, we'll comfort her and put her back down. We'll see how it goes...but I'm loving the possibility of her sleeping through the night and not waking up too early to boot.

Then she napped from 10:15 to almost noon! And took a shorter nap this afternoon from 3:15 to just after 4.

And when she's up, we've got a really really happy baby. She was particularly cute today:


Trying to hold her own bottle:
Posing with Baba:

And the sound of her laughter is absolutely the best sound on earth:

No comments: