Friday, October 17, 2008

We have a good sleeper!

OK - I don't want to jinx it - but 2 nights in a row Leah has slept from approximately 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. Both yesterday and this morning she did wake up around 6 a.m. and make some happy noises and play for a bit in her crib - but then with no intervention or crying she went back to sleep until 8.

I'm liking the new schedule:
8 a.m. Wake up
8:30 a.m. Breakfast
10:30 a.m. Bottle & Nap (until about noon)
12:30 p.m. Lunch
3:00 p.m. Bottle & Nap (until about 4)
6:00 p.m. Dinner
7:00 p.m. Bottle & Bed

And when necessary I can wake her up at 7 a.m. in order to shift the schedule a bit. For example, we have swim class at 11 on Wednesdays, so I wake her at 7 and I can put her down to nap around 9, get her up around 10:30 and get to class. Then she has lunch after and naps around 12:30. That does mean that she's a bit cranky by evening, but it seems to be working out okay so far.

Hopefully she'll stick with this and I can actually say that my baby has a schedule! Now the overbearing moms can only judge me for not making my own baby food. :)

Speaking of swim class - Leah was looking super cute in her wetsuit this week:

And she's continuing to be interested in more and more toys as she gains dexterity and mobility:
I think she was just posing for the camera - but you have to love the toothy grin:
And we had lots of fun playing at the dojo playgroup today:

No comments: