Sunday, January 6, 2008

Books arrived, wills in process, new rug for the living room

Been an eventful few days I guess. The many books I ordered from bookcloseouts.com and from overstock.com have arrived. I've filled 2 and a half shelves with them. I'm sure we'll get more books - so I won't have any trouble filling the 2nd half of the third shelf. They look cute - mostly small board books, but a couple larger hardcover books too.

We got the drafts of our estate planning documents on Thursday and spent some time reviewing them this weekend. Everything seems in order, so we'll be meeting with the attorney to sign them on Thursday.

Some of the decorations I got to put on the wall above the changing table in the baby's room arrived a couple days ago, too. But I'm still missing a couple things, so I'm waiting for those before I actually finish decorating the room.

Today I went to ABC Carpet to look for a rug to replace the one in the living room. Our old rug was a beige color and thus showed a lot of wear and dirt. I've been looking for a replacement for awhile, but I hadn't come across anything I had particularly liked. So I decided it was time to raid the sale section at ABC and see what I could find. I wanted something to warm up the room a bit - crimson and gold and brown - to go with our current brown leather furniture and crimson and gold accent pillows. I found a really nice 8x10 rug in a perfect shade of dark red with some stripes in tan, olive, navy, and cream. The stripes are fairly thin and somewhat spread out so that the rug is primarily dark red. It looks great in the room - has exactly the effect I was looking for. Definitely a successful shopping trip. It was a little bit more than I had hoped to spend, but it's a really nice quality wool rug from India, so I think it was definitely worth the extra money. And I'm sure the baby will love crawling on a new soft rug - that won't show the dirt so much when she treads or spills on it.

I guess that's about it. We've got a busy week coming up. Hospital tour is tomorrow night. Breastfeeding class Tuesday night. Meeting a pediatrician Wednesday morning. And signing our wills and such Thursday afternoon. Lots of little things to take care of - 5 weeks to go until my due date. I'm pretty much ready. We've still got some things to take care of and buy. But the baby feels pretty big at this point - and kicks me painfully quite often. So I'll be happy to have her to hug and hold - and to start getting my body back.

No comments: