Monday, January 28, 2008

Waiting, waiting, waiting

OK...I know I'm not officially due for 2 more weeks...but I'm ready. Completely ready. Everything that can be done has been done. Well, except those "freezer meals" I keep reading about. I think we're just not a freezer meals sort of family. I do have 1 tupperware of chili in the freezer - enough to feed 2, but that's more because I happened to make a big pot of chili a couple months ago. Beyond that I'd have to decrease the amount of popsicles, ice cream, and Lean Pockets if I wanted to fit more real food into my freezer that is about a third occupied by an ice maker anyway. As far as what we'll eat after the baby is born, pretty much the same things we eat now - Italian delivery, pizza delivery, Chinese delivery, Middle Eastern delivery, diner delivery, pub delivery, Japanese delivery (I can finally have some sushi!)...

Without providing too much information, I'm getting more signs that labor is near, including an increase in Braxton Hicks contractions. But as I've just read, these signs could indicate that labor is days or weeks away, so I can't get my hopes up too much. I was hoping to go for some long walks this weekend to help the baby continue to drop, but frankly it is really freaking cold outside! So that didn't quite happen. But this baby feels really low to me anyway...how much lower could she actually get before labor starts?! I've given in and adopted the waddle style of walking.

We went to see Juno yesterday (yesterday being Sunday...as it's 3 a.m. it is officially Monday). Very cute movie. Highly recommend it to everyone. Sweet, witty, feel-good without being too sappy. I'm sure not everyone will cry at it (twice) like I did. But come on, how can a woman who is 8+ months pregnant not get sentimental and weepy when she sees a baby being born or a new mother bonding with a newborn? At least I expected it and was prepared with tissues. And in a dark theater, it's less embarassing than when I'm reading a book or hearing a touching song on my iPod on the subway. I don't really care for this soft, sentimental side that my hormones seems to be bringing out these days...like I said...bit embarassing. I guess I'll have to wait and see if it goes back into hiding post-baby-birth when my hormones adjust themselves back to normal. And by the way, the movie did make me laugh more times than it made me cry, so at least I haven't lost my dry sense of humor.

No comments: